Tee Time and Course Guidelines
It is the intent of the Hyatt Hill Country Resort to limit these guidelines to the minimum required for the mutual enjoyment and experience of the facility by all its guests. The obligation of enforcing these guidelines for the good of all players is placed primarily in the hands of a carefully selected and trained staff whose principal responsibility is to assure you of all the courtesies, comforts and services to which you, as a guest are entitled. Further, it is the duty of all golfers to know and understand the golf rules and regulations and to cooperate with the staff in the enforcement thereof. These golf course guidelines are set and enforced by the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort in association with Hill Country Golf Club.
- All golfers must register at the Golf Shop before beginning play. All golfers are responsible for the payment of golf fees, cart fees, merchandise and food & beverage purchases. Your receipt is to be provided to the Starter prior to play.
- Hours of the golf shop will fluctuate during the year. The golf shop will be open one hour prior to the first available tee time.
- Local guests and golf members do not have access to the Resort Pools/Amenities. The resort restaurants are available to the general public and reservations are required.
- The hours of golf course play, practice range hours and Golf Shop hours will be posted in the Golf Shop, and are subject to change depending on season, golf course maintenance or weather conditions. The Golf Professional in consultation with the Golf Course Superintendent shall determine when the golf course is playable and such decision shall be final. No golf course play shall be permitted during any period that the course is determined not fit for play.
- All golfers shall check in and register at the Golf Shop at least fifteen (15) minutes prior to their scheduled starting times, or shall be subject to losing their starting times.
- The Golf Shop shall be notified of all cancellations and reservation modifications at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to the scheduled starting time. Failure to notify the Golf Shop will result in a cancellation fee per player charged to the account of the responsible golfer.
C. Golf Course Play: WALKING, JOGGING, BICYCLING AND WALKING OF DOGS ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THE GOLF COURSE OR CART PATHS AT ANY TIME. FISHING IN THE LAKES ON THE GOLF COURSE IS NOT PERMITTED. GOLF CARTS ARE NOT TO BE RENTED TO VIEW GOLF COURSE OR RESORT.
- All play shall start at the number one tee unless permission to start elsewhere is obtained in advance from the golf shop.
- No more than four players are permitted in a single group unless authorized by the golf shop. Singles & twosomes will be paired together when tee times are limited and are required to share a cart whenever possible. No more than two carts will be allowed per group.
- No outside alcohol is allowed on Hill Country Golf Club premises per our TABC state liquor license. All state and local laws concerning the sale of alcoholic beverages will be strictly enforced.
- Practice is restricted to designated practice areas only.
- "Ball hawking" is not permitted. Wading into water hazards or lakes is not permitted. Balls may be retrieved only from banks of lakes and water hazards.
- All players shall repair ball marks on greens, replace divots or use sand and rake sand bunkers before moving to the next tee.
- All players are to maintain a reasonable pace of play. If unable to do so, players are expected to allow faster players to play through. 8
- Players stopping between front and back nines must obtain permission from the Starter to resume play.
- The rules of golf adopted by the United States Golf Association shall govern all play, except as modified by local rules.
- Players shall observe the rules of golf etiquette as adopted by the United States Golf Association at all times.
- Players shall be respectful to other members, guests, and staff.
D. Equipment and Attire:
- Proper attire is required for all players at all times on the golf course and in the practice areas. T-shirts, tank tops, cutoffs, sweat pants, tennis or other athletic shorts, and bathing suits are not permitted at any time.
- In order to give the best playing conditions possible, Hill Country Golf Club prohibits metal spikes and suggests the use of alternative spikes while practicing and/or playing.
E. Disciplinary Infractions:
- 1st Rules Infraction – Verbal Warning
- 2nd Rules Infraction – Written Warning to include if necessary Suspension of Playing Privileges
- 3rd Rules Infraction – Termination of your membership with no refunds.
*Depending on the severity of an infraction, Golf Club Management may make the decision to terminate membership at any time*